|I. THEMES & STYLES|
- Theme: “Bedista: Lingkod ng Tahanan, Simbahan at Sambayanan”
- The artwork must have the image of Sto. Niño De Praga. Tarpaulins of Sto. Niño De Praga will be mounted at the venue
- An entry is considered to be an artistic product of an individual. All artworks should be the original artistic creation of the participating artists.
- Freedom of expression is granted to all contestants. Artworks with controversial, offensive,obscene or with political elements will be rejected outright.
- The use of brand names and commercial endorsement is prohibited.
- All other information such as the main title, theme, and the dates will be digitally added.
|II. ELIGIBILITY & REGISTRATION|
- The contest is open to all Monks, Administrators, Faculty members, Service Personnel, Students currently enrolled and Alumni of San Beda University (Manila & Rizal campuses).
- Professional artists in the field of arts may participate but their entries will not be included in the judging. It will be donated to San Beda University.
- Registration Forms are available at the Human Resource Management Office.
|III. SPECIFICATIONS OF THE ARTWORK|
- SIZE: 32 x 24 inches (without the frame)
MEDIUM : Acrylic , oil, watercolor, tempera, pastels, crayons, colored pencils, ink, charcoal, and mixed media (combination of all the above)
|IV. OTHER CONTEST DETAILS|
- Only participants who submitted the registration form are allowed to join the on-the-spot painting contest on December 15, 2018 (Saturday).
- Participants will be given a total of 4 hours to complete their art work. The artworks must be done within the allotted time.
- The participants shall be the one to provide their own art materials appropriate for the medium that they will use. No other materials will be used for the contest.
- Only one(1) entry is allowed for each participant.
- All entries will be pre-numbered. No identifying marks will be allowed to appear in the artwork. Name of the artist must not appear on the entry.
- The contest will take place on an open space and participants may bring their own table mount, stand and easel board. Venue will be at the ground floor of the new building. The organizer will provide tables and chairs for the participants.
- The painting should be given a title and a short description to bewritten in the form.
- If the participant comes late, he/she may still be accommodated but will not be given time extension.
|Deadline for the submission of registration form: December 10, 2018 (Monday) until 12 noon|
|Technical Briefing :|
| SBU Rizal: December 10, 2018 (Monday)|
2:00 p.m. at the Lower Ground LRC
| SBU Manila: December 11, 2018 (Tuesday),|
2:00 p.m. at Pamanang Bedista
|Contest Proper: December 15, 2018 (Saturday)|
- Registration: 8:00-8:30 am
- Contest Duration: 8:30-12:30 p.m.
- Judging: December 20, 2018 (Thursday)
- Awarding of Winners: December 21, 2018 (Friday)
|VI. SUBMISSION OF REQUIREMENTS|
|1. Participants must submit the following requirements:|
- Duly accomplished registration form
- Photocopy of school ID, company ID, or alumni ID
|2. Submission via email|
- Participant should officially register by sending the required files (letters a-b above) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do not send more than one email.
- Email subject: [PAINTING CONTEST] Last Name, First Name
Example: [PAINTING CONTEST] Luna, Juan
|3. Submission Guidelines via office visit|
- Participant should submit the required files (letters a-b above) to Human Resources Management Office (HRMO), St. Bede Hallway, San Beda University, Mendiola, Manila.
|4. In the event the participant wishes to cancel his/her participation in the painting contest, he/she should notify the HRMO prior to the date of the contest.|
|VII. JUDGING OF WINNERS|
|1. Criteria of judging will be based on:|
- Thematic Relevance – 40%
- Originality – 20%
- Design and Creative Elements – 20%
- Visual Execution – 20%
2. There shall be five members of the Board of Judges chosen by the Steering Committee who are experts in the field of arts.
3. The decision of the Board of Judges is final and irrevocable.
|VIII. GENERAL GUIDELINES|
- The artwork must be an original work that is wholly conceptualized and executed by the participant. Designs which copied the composition of existing works will automatically be disqualified, even if they are rendered in a different style, medium, color scheme, or even if other elements have been added.
- All entries are considered property of San Beda University.
- Parent’s permission is required for participants below 18 years old.
- Participants shall waive the rights of their painting in favor of San Beda University for general publication, promotional use and other purposes deemed necessary with proper and due acknowledgment and recognition of the painters.
- San Beda University reserves the right to withdraw any award and/or cash prize at any time should the participant violate any of the rules and regulations of the contest or if it deems, in any way, that granting the participant the award will damage the reputation of the institution.
- Failure to comply with the above rules and regulations shall automatically disqualify the participant/s.
- By submitting the signed registration form, participant agrees to abide by the rules and regulations of the contest.
|VIII. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS|
|San Beda University shall have the perpetual rights over all the entries it may acquire, including the right to use, produce or reproduce, prepare derivatives works of the designs for whatever purpose and whichever form as may deemed fit by the institution without further compensation to the artist. Furthermore, all participants may not use their entries for any other purpose or submit their entries to other competitions.|