The Science Laboratories started as stockroom of Science apparatus and equipment prior to School Year 1967-1968. The custodian of materials was Bro. Jerome Penaso, assisted by Mr. Delfin Madlangbayan, Mr. Bello Ordonez, and Bro. Mauro Asuncion. Each department handled the acquisition of materials and deposited them in the stockroom.
During the first semester of School Year 1967-1968, the Office of the Science Laboratories was created. Fr. Rector Hildebrand Munoz appointed Rev. Fr. Raymundo de los Reyes as Head of the Science Laboratories. The Office of the Science Laboratories was situated in the former stockroom in the first floor of St Bede’s Hall between the Chemistry and the Physics Laboratories. The following were the Science Laboratories Heads and Staff from 1968 – March 2003.
The transfer of the Science Laboratories to Saint Maur’s Building
In the summer of 1995, the Science Laboratories in the St. Bede’s Hall were transferred to the newly-constructed building, St. Maur’s Hall. The Science Laboratories section of the St. Maur’s hall was named Andrew L. Gotianun Sr.Science Laboratories, in honor of an alumnus of SBC class 1947, Andrew L. Gotianun. The planning of the design and structures of the new Science Laboratories was facilitated by the Head, Mr. Crescencio Pimentel, with the assistance of the laboratory technician, Rowena G Ortiz, in consultation with the chief engineer of the building. The transfer of apparatus, equipment and other laboratory materials followed. From 1995 to March 2003, the Science Laboratories have been giving quality service by attending to the needs of the students and science teachers of the high school and the College of Arts Sciences during laboratory activities. Four Laboratories have been designed for Chemistry, Biology, Physics, and General Science. To enhance the teaching learning process of teachers and students, two lecture rooms, an instrumentation room, and a reagent room were added. The main office of the Science Laboratories is in the second floor and an extension office in the third floor.
The Science Laboratories from April 2003 Onward