The SBU FAQs webpage was created as a portal to house all the updates and latest information regarding academic guidelines, admissions, enrolment, advisories, and announcements from SBU Administration. Amidst the latest development about the health situation in our country, the safety and security of our students, parents, faculty, and personnel are our utmost concern for every decision that we will make.
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, San Beda University has made the following immediate decisions following the suspension of classes and the announcement of President Rodrigo Roa-Duterte implementing the enhanced community quarantine in our country.
We value the suggestions and recommendations of our students and parents but would also like to assure everyone that all our responses and immediate actions are guided by the recommendations of COVID-19 Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF), CHED, DepEd, Department of Health, and based on the guidelines and measures provided by our city and national government.
SBU recognizes the need to keep our stakeholders informed and updated while ensuring the relevance and timeliness of all our decisions and immediate responses. We will continue to provide regular updates through our official website and official social media platforms namely:
Given the uncertainty of the health situation in our country, SBU will closely monitor the most updated information or announcements from the said experts, to determine the need for updating our previously released memos, announcements and reminders to ensure that we respond accordingly and properly while keeping in mind the health and safety of our school community.
... bring out the challenges, we'll win them all. For San Beda, our Country, and God
That in all things God may be glorified!
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions
1. Reservation Fee for AY 2020-2021?
1.1. How much is the reservation fee for AY 2020-2021?
- The non-refundable reservation fee is Php 2,500.00 (two thousand five hundred pesos).
- This will be credited to your tuition fee upon enrollment.
1.2. When is the deadline for payment?
- The first batch of payment will end on March 30, 2020. With the current enhanced community quarantine situation, the next batch of payment schedules will be announced once available.
1.3. How can we pay the reservation fee for AY 2020-2021?
- Given the uncertainty of the situation, our announcement on the reservation for the coming AY 2020-2021 is for applicants with access to online resources and whose community quarantine status would allow them.
- Applicants/Parents can pay through banks (over-the-counter), mobile banking, online fund transfer, or through Metrobank App (for those with Metrobank accounts).
1.4. What will happen if we cannot pay the reservation fee on or before March 30, 2020?
- For those with limited or no access to the above-mentioned online resources and living on an area where enhanced quarantine status is implemented, SBU ensures that all these will be addressed with the utmost consideration and we shall assess the situation again after March 30, 2020, and/ or once regular office work in SBU resumes. We promise to keep you updated on the next payment schedules.
2. Extension of Admission for AY 2020-2021
The admission of first year/new students will be extended until one month before the start of the first term for AY2020-2021.
3. End of Academic Year 2019-2020
The Graduate School of Business, Graduate School of Liturgy, College of Nursing, and College of Arts and Sciences agreed to end their trimester/semesters on May 30, 2020.
The College of Medicine and College of Law will end its term on June 30, 2020. (Based on the 3rd Memo of the Rector-President, released last April 17, 2020)
4. Summer Classes
Summer classes in all colleges in SBU for the year 2020 will be canceled.
CHED COVID19 MEMO NO. 6: The cancellation of summer classes can re-considered as stated in the CHED COVID-19 ADVISORY NO.6: “Given the extension of the semester, HEIs may conduct summer/midterm classes only for graduating students who need to complete their academic requirements; for students whose subjects are scheduled in the summer under the PSG of their degree programs; and students taking up graduate studies. The special summer classes must strictly observe social distancing and other safety requirements to prevent the spread of COVID-19.” (p. 2)
5. Graduation Exercises for AY 2019-2020
The Graduation Exercises for AY 2019-2020 will be postponed to a later date when mass gatherings are already allowed by the Government.
6. Can we request for a copy of the Diploma and Transcript of Records even before the Graduation date?
Yes, graduates can already request for their Diplomas and Transcripts of Records from the Registrar’s Office once office in SBU resumes (Resumption of office in SBU campuses will depend on the pronouncement of COVID-19 Interagency Task Force, local government, and/ or the lifting of Enhanced Community Quarantine in Manila and Rizal areas).
7. Resumption of work in SBU
From June 8, 2020 onwards (until the IATF lifts the quarantine status of Metro Manila), the Registrar's Office, Admissions Office, Accounting Office, Health Office, Administrative Central Offices, MVP Information and Communication Technology Center, and other offices will resume work on campus and will adopt the following work arrangements:
a. 50% to 75% skeletal workforce and compressed workweek of 5 days (less Saturday) work arrangements.
b. Skeletal work force
c. Offices shall open at 8:00 AM and close at 4:00 PM.
8. Start of the Academic Year 2020-2021
The first term for AY 2020-2021 for all Colleges (including IBED) will commence in September 2020, except for the College of Law (COL) which is tentatively scheduled in August.
The opening of classes in IBED Rizal (Kinder to Grade 12) and in SBU Manila (Grade 11 and 12) is on September 7, 2020.
The COL has to start classes in August 2020 in preparation for the Bar Examinations in November 2020. To observe social/ physical distancing, the opening of classes will be on a staggered basis.
9. What adjustments will be made in response to the New Normal in Education for AY 2020-2021?
There will be an innovation and modification on the teaching and learning process this AY 2020-2021. The following are just some of the LEARNING DELIVERY MODALITIES that SBU will implement this coming academic year.
- Online Learning
- Modular Distance Learning
- Synchronous and Asynchronous teaching delivery
- Blended Learning or combination of distance learning and face-to-face);
* depending on the health situation in the country)
For IBED students, please check the Advisory released by the Office of the Rector-President last May 9, 2020, Re. the IBED Adjustments towards the New Normal in Education for AY 2020-2021
10. Status of BEDISTA PORTAL
As part of our on-going effort to improve our process, service, and technology, we are undergoing a significant upgrade to our School Management System and network infrastructure, in general. We know that these types of transitions sometimes take a lot of time, so we ask in advance for your understanding and support as we make this change.
11. SBU Microsoft Email and Office 365
How to log in to SBU E-mail? Get a copy of the TUTORIAL PDF FILE
Need to reset your password?
OPTION 1: Click the MS Forms link below to request for a password reset. Click the links below
OPTION 2: Send an Email together with the following:
- Picture of the student or employee holding their San Beda ID
- Close up picture of the Student's/ Employees' SBU ID (front part)
Note: For those who lost their school IDs, please answer the verification questions below and send the responses to the emails indicated below.
- Complete name of the requesting party
- Answer to Verification Question #1: Maiden name of the student's/ employees' mother
- Answer to Verification Question #2: Birthday of the student/ empoloyee (month/ day / year)
- Answer to Verification Question #3: Place of birth of the student/ employee
- Send to firstname.lastname@example.org (for SBU Manila Students and Employees)
- Send to email@example.com (for SBU Rizal Students and Employees)
- Check our NEW Payment Option --->
- Online Scholarship Form
- Click to view Accounting FAQs
- For Accounting Concerns, please visit our webpage at www.sanbeda.edu.ph/accounting
>> Manuel V. Pangilinan School of Computing Studies --- Enrol now!
- Memo released by the Office of the Rector-President last April 17, 2020
>> PDF Link: https://bit.ly/2VgfVOI
- The article released by SBU Office of the Data Protection Officer (Prof. B.Bustamante)
Re.: Synopsis of the Data Privacy Commission’s Advisory on Data Protection in the time of COVID-19 and Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ)
>> PDF file: https://bit.ly/2S2VToX
>> Image file: https://bit.ly/2VgkUyE
SBU FAQs will be updated from time-to-time.