San Beda University, a Catholic educational institution, is committed to the Christian formation of the Bedan Community as its service to the Church, the Philippine society, and the world.
San Beda University envisions a Community that is:
- Fully Human
- Wholly Christian
- Truly Filipino
- Globally Competitive
San Beda University aims to form its members in:
- Faith (Fides)
- Knowledge (Scientia)
- Virtue (Virtus)
and inculcate in them the Benedictine core values of prayer and work (ora et labora) that include:
- Pursuit of Peace
The Ten Hallmarks of Benedictine Education
1. Love of Christ and neighbor
2. Prayer: A life marked by liturgy, lectio and mindfulness
3. Stability: commitment to the daily life of this place, its heritage and tradition
4. Conversatio: the way of formation and transformation
5. Obedience: a commitment to listening and consequent action
6. Discipline: a way toward learning and freedom
7. Humility: knowledge of self in relation to God, others and creation
8. Stewardship: responsible use of creation and arts
9. Hospitality: openness to the other
10. Community: call to serve the common good
1. Benedictine Identity, Mission, CultureFoster a Christian community of prayer, work and peace founded on faith, knowledge and virtues.
2. Leadership, Administration, and GovernanceCultivate transformative leadership and governance.
3. Relevant Curriculum ProgramsProvide relevant curricula aligned with San Beda College's Vision-Mission Identity as well as with local and international standards.
4. Teaching ExcellenceDeliver quality instruction through teaching excellence by competent faculty.
5. Resource Materials and FacilitiesUtilize upgraded resource materials and facilities for effective learning.
6. Quality and Relevant Research and Intellectual ContributionBuild a culture of innovative research for knowledge advancement.
7. High Involvement in Extension ServicesEngage the Bedan community in transforming lives.
8. Efficient Student ServicesRender responsive services for holistic student development.
9. External LinkagesHarness value-adding linkages in local and global educational cooperation.
10. Recognition and AccreditationOffer accredited programs and services for quality assurance.