The INSTRUCTIONAL MEDIA CENTER (IMC) is also one of the repository of educational resources of the University aside from the Library. It is a centralized unit that serves the academic departments, service offices and the Abbey. The IMC collection includes audio visual materials and equipment that help enhance the teaching-learning process and make classroom instructions more interactive. The Center oversees the acquisition, circulation, management and maintenance of these multimedia resources. In addition, the IMC also provides technical assistance, audio and video, in the conduct of classroom and non-classroom instructional activities of the academic departments.
The IMC’s authorized users are the students, faculty members, administrators, non-academic personnel and Members of the Benedictine Community. However, alumni, faculty and students of other learning institutions as well as review centers and government agencies/offices who want to avail of the resources, services and facilities of the institution are also entertained provided they are not in conflict with the school’s programs and activities. The institution’s programs and activities are always given priority even if a reservation has already been granted.
Policies and Guidelines on the Use of Learning Resources/Materials for Visiting Users
- SBU alumni should secure valid alumni ID card from the Alumni Office before availing of the learning resources/materials.
- Faculty and students from the member-schools of the Catholic Educational Association of the Philippines-National Capital Region (CEAP-NCR) Tertiary Level and members of the Mendiola Consortium (MC) schools are exempted from payment of the visiting user’s fee. This is in accordance to the consortium agreement among CEAP-NCR and MC member-schools.
- Visiting user/s must present a referral letter that bears the CEAP-NCR or MC letterhead approved by the current Board Chair of the CEAP-NCR or the Board of Directors’ Chair of Mendiola Consortium to avail of this privilege.
- Other visiting user/s must present a letter of request that bears their school/company/office letterhead addressed to the Director of Institutional Learning Resources regarding the request for learning resources/materials properly endorsed by their librarian/supervisor.
- The request should be made at least three (3) days prior to the visit to give the IMC personnel enough time to make the resources/materials available on the specified date and time of the visit. Availment of such is free of charge.
- As a general rule, visiting users are requested to observe strictly the proper dress code inside the campus. Wearing of sleeveless dress/blouse, mini skirt, short pants, plunging neckline or any other revealing outfit as well as footwear like slippers/rubber sandals (flip flops, thongs) are not allowed inside the campus premises.