1. The College of Law admits only those applicants whose credentials and personal qualifications yield evidence that they can offer an excellent academic performance and profit from the intellectual, social and spiritual opportunities offered by the College.
2. An applicant for admission to the law course should have pursued and satisfactorily completed in an authorized and recognized university or college the courses of study prescribed for a bachelor’s degree in arts or sciences; and should have earned the following number of units in preparatory law course: 18 units of English, 18 units of Social Science, and 6 units of Mathematics.
Note: A bachelor’s degree holder who passed the entrance examination but lacks the required number of units in the required courses may conditionally enter the College of Law, but must satisfy these requirements before admission to Second Year Law.
3. All students entering the College of Law for the first time shall take an entrance examination, which consists mainly of a test of logic, comprehension, articulation, and aptitude for the law profession. Entrance examinations are given, upon prior application, in accordance with the schedule duly announced, generally at any time between the closing of the school year and reopening of classes.
4. As a matter of policy, College of Law does not accept transferees from other schools, except in extremely meritorious cases as may be determined by the Dean.
5. All new students enrolling in the College of Law or reenrolling after an absence of two consecutive semesters are under academic probation for the entire school year. Old students may be admitted on probation in attendance, conduct or academics. In such cases, the Committee on Admission or the Dean may set the conditions under which they are admitted on probation.
6. A student must take at least sixty percent(60%) of the total number of units prescribe per year level per semester. Provided that should a student have back subject/s, the student must enrol the back subject together with not less than sixty percent(60%) of the total number of units prescribed per year level, and in no case shall the student enrol more than the allowable prescribed units per semester, per year level. The student shall, in no instance, be allowed to overload except in Fourth Year. Students must complete the Law Curriculum in not more than six (6) years from the date of admission into the College of Law. Should student evaluation, at anytime show, that a student cannot complete the law curriculum within the prescribed six (6)years, the student shall no longer be re-admitted.
7. All new students enrolling in the College of Law or re-enrolling after an absence of two consecutive semesters are under academic probation for the entire school year. Old student may be admitted on probation in attendance, conducts or academics. In such cases, the Committee on Admission or the Dean may set the conditions under which they are admitted on probation.
Admission Requirements & Process
1. Fill out the application form: https://bit.ly/SBUCOL-ApplicationForm
2. Pay the non-refundable application fee of Php1,500.00
Payment link: https://www.sanbeda.edu.ph/page/87/data-consent-online-fee-payment-system. Please provide your own unique 6-digit reference number that starts with 2021 (Ex. 2021 554789) in the online payment form.
3. Submit the scanned copies of the requirements with the subject “College of Law Complete Name” (Ex. College of Law- Juan Dela Cruz) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official Transcript of Records(TOR)/ True Copy of Grades
Note: If TOR is not available - Certificate of Graduation
For Graduating Students - Certificate of Candidacy for Graduation
- PSA Birth Certificate
- Two (2) Certificates of Good Moral Character (Dean, Prefect of Students, Guidance Counselor and Supervisor / HR Manager of company working for)
Note: If there is only one office from your school which is authorized to issue Good Moral Certificate, request a recommendation letter from your professor.
- 2x2 portrait photo
- E-receipt of payment of application fee of Php 1,500.00